Tuesday 28 May 2019

Flower Pot Gift Card Holder Card

I am loving the Free as a Bird bundle, I get lots of birds in my garden and who doesn’t love their happy singing in the mornings.

I saw a Youtube video  where they made a cactus gift card holder and thought how well this idea would work with this stamp set.

                                         




I had to bring in Tropical Chic also as the leaves on the Free as a Bird Stamp Set just were not large enough for my idea to work.  I used Old Olive ink on Old Olive Card stock for my leaves.  I grabbed a picture of a Blue Tit and coloured my bird in as well as I could using my Blender Pens, I then fussy cut him out, the blossom was fussy cut also.

If you don’t have a paper guillotine use a blade and a metal ruler to carefully cut through your layers, scissors could work too.

A combination of Terracotta Tile, Whisper White & Basic Grey Ink was blended and dabbed over the pot base to give a terracotta feel.

I used, For You, as my sentiment but this card could be used for any occasion, if you wanted to use as a card you could do away with the flap on the Old Olive insert and stamp a sentiment or slip some notes into the flap instead of a gift card.  I have an idea for Christmas bouncing around my head, snow, robin & glitter!






Make sure your pot and flowers fit into your envelope, keep checking as you make it.



So I know this is my library card, but just imagine it’s a gift card or a £20 note!








There’s a video explaining how to make the card, bit longer than normal but I try to keep my videos under 15 mins.




                                                                








Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment