Sunday 11 August 2019

Colour Challenge Kre8tor’s Blog Hop







Hello and welcome to this months Kre8tors Blog Hop, you may of joined me from Rochelle Laird-Smith or maybe you started here with me, Hello and welcome either way.

This month is a colour challenge, I actually find colour challenges very challenging!  Not sure why just totally throw me.







We have to choose at least three colours  from above, we can also add White, Black or Vanilla.

I'm going for Grey Granite, Early Espressso and Cherry Cobbler

I’m so sorry to say I’m making a Christmas Card today, I know in August! When I saw the colours I thought of a Robin, the Robin is a cute garden bird in the UK who is associated with Christmas.  The reason for this is the Victorian PostMan used to wear red and were nicknamed ‘Robins’ they were then added to many Victorian Christmas Cards and this tradition has stayed with us.

While I was making this card I was waiting for my pre-order from our Autumn/Winter Catalogue so I had to work with what I already had.  The snowflake dies from Seasonal Layer Dies are beautiful and I knew I was going to use them.  Then I stamped my bird from Free as a Bird and started  watercolouring him into a British Robin.  I used watercolour paper for this.





I’ve recently purchased the Hand Lettered Prose dies, great dies for making cards with names, I’ve cut out NOEL using Basic Black with sticky sheets on the back.


Love these snow flakes.



I'm new to watercolouring on cards and I'm really enjoying it, even though I'm not great at it!
I also watercoloured my branch using Early Espresso.











Please check out my Youtube video to see how this card came together.




Please hop along with the other great members in the Kre8tor’s Blog Hop, and please leave a comment if you love a project, we all love comments❤️

 Another UK Demo next Sandra Roberts, you’re in for a treat as her projects are always special. Click on arrow below.





Roll Call List
Linda Handford UK. You are here!












Product List
Seasonal Layers Dies
£31.00
Free As A Bird Cling Stamp Set
£20.00
Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Gray Granite Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Whisper White A4 Card Stock
£9.00
Cherry Cobbler A4 Card Stock
£8.25
Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
£8.25
Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins
£6.50
Making Christmas Bright Photopolymer Stamp Set
£20.00
Product List
Hand-Lettered Prose Dies
£35.00

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda! I love the colors in your Robin. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your NOEL card, Linda! The snowflakes, bird and branch are wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Linda and how you've coloured your Robin. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui just getting into the watercolouring!

      Delete
  4. fab card linda. may case if ok with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your background with die cuts. Great colouring on the British Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful card, very creative combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a nice clean design, love the letters! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love everything about this card! You did a fabulous job incorporating the colors, and that little bird is adorable! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete