Thursday 19 September 2019

Decorating Envelopes and Faux Stamps






I do like to add a handmade stamp to an envelope sometimes, but today I am going just a little bit further.

Recently seen a couple of Pinterest (spend way to much time here!) pictures of crafters making faux stamps this sparked my interest and I started thinking about my Christmas Cards and how great they would look with an antique looking envelope.






I’ve gone about my faux stamp making in a few ways, my bases have been either die cut with a scalloped edge Square Layering Die, or cut with Pinking Shears.  I have used Crumb Cake or Very Vanilla and inked the edges in Crumb Cake.  I’ve then cut some pages from an old book, or old music sheet to fit inside my bases. If you can’t find old pages just age them with ink.

Very Vanilla seemed like the perfect colour for these vintage feel envelopes, I used Crumb Cake ink all over to give a nice aged feel.  To finish my envelopes I made liners for inside!





I wanted my envelopes to look like they had been though the post already, I searched my collection on current Stampin’ Up! Stamps and found two that I thought could work.



Here’s the video!












Product List
Nature's Beauty Cling Stamp Set
£20.00
Very Vanilla C6 Envelopes
£7.00
Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
£5.50
Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper
£13.00
Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder
£5.50
Versamark Pad
£8.75
Embossing Buddy
£5.50
Layering Squares Dies
£33.00
Snowman Season Photopolymer Stamp Set (En)
£17.00
Artisan Textures Clear-Mount Stamp Set
£16.00
Sailing Home Cling Stamp Set
£22.00

No comments:

Post a Comment