Saturday 18 May 2019

Bird Box Greeting Card



                                                





The Free as a Bird Stamp Set has inspired me to make a couple of cute cards.  They are both made the same way but one uses DSP which makes it quicker to make.

I have tried to design this card simple enough for a casual card maker and interesting enough for an avid card maker.



On the first card I’ve stamped my birds and fussy cut my bird inside the card from the beautiful Designer Series Paper.  This is more time consuming than my second card as there is a fair bit of colouring involved.  I’ve also stamped my birds twice and fussy cut the birds which have been popped up for added dimension.  

                                                       






                                                     


The second card was made in the same way but I’ve used the Designer Series Paper instead of Stamping and colouring, this saves some time.  This second card is one we will be making in my June card class, but I wanted to show my ladies another way to make at home as they will all be receiving their own Free as a Bird Stamp Set.






This card is 6 x 5” to fit into a 6 x 6 envelope.  Card base started at 10” x 6” and I scored at 5” on the 10” side.  





Cut through both layers of card stock.

I have made a video so you can follow how I made these cards.














Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment