Thursday 2 May 2019

Let’s Get Hopping Round #20 Colouring Techniques







Welcome to this months Let’s Get Hopping Blog Hop, our theme is Colouring Techniques.
Please hop along with all the talented Demonstrator’s for loads of inspiration.

My favourite colouring tools are the Stampin Blends, I totally love them, before the blends  I tended to not venture into much colouring but the blends changed me!  

I’m using the Family and Friends stamp set to make cards for my boys.  The beauty of this set is you can make an image of the person you are sending your card to.

  Selection of items used.

I actually started with my youngest boy who lives for X-Box so him holding his headphones seemed like the perfect pose.
I stamped with Memento Ink and coloured him in.  While doing this I remembered the blends need a bit of playing with to achieve a nice clean edge as they tend to bleed out a bit, this is totally normal but you need to anticipate how far the Ink will go and this takes a bit of practice.  I decided to show a technique that makes your colouring a little easier.  




For my next card it was my older sons turn, he is studying sport at college so seems to be in T-Shirts and jeans/shorts constantly.  I added out pet dog Cookie to the card to balance it out.  I used memento ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, this gives you a little edge which helps control the bleeding. 











I’ve made a video on the clear embossing technique.






Please hop along you won’t regret it!  Just click the next button to hop on  to Teresa Brown



















Product List

7 comments:

  1. Ohh my Linda, these cards are adorable, and I love the tip of embossing to keep bleeding of the blends to a minimal. I have this set, I plan to do a fair bit of scrapbooking with it, its a very cute stamp set. Thanks for sharing your cards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these cards are just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip to create an edge to control the color - thank you! I didn't think I needed this set - until now! I have a gamer in my family so I may have to CASE the card you made for your youngest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Linda. I feel I've overlooked the potential of this set. I love how you've personalised the images

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cards and how you expressed your boys. Heart warming.

    ReplyDelete