Saturday 25 May 2019

Ink Stamp Share May Blog Hop Monochrome

                                                 


I am hopping with the  Ink. Stamp. Share Blog Hop today, you maybe hopping from Jo Blackman's post, where you would of seen a great project or you maybe starting here with me.

When this event popped up for this months blog hop, yes I said, ticked the going box, but when I came to make this project I was initially stumped and was coming up with zero ideas! 


*Monochrome - a photograph or picture developed or executed in Black & White or in varying tones of one colour.

  

I’ve made a cute matchbox and matching tea light gift box with a nautical feel.  Once I started I enjoyed putting this together.  I’ve never tried the Chalk board  technique before, not sure why, I love it, looks very effective.














I started small with my matchbox and then moved on to my Tea Light Gift Box.  I would do two things differently if I make this again.  I would use Thick Whisper White Card stock for the base of my box and I punched my circles in the wrong side of my box!  I was obviously not thinking straight at the time!






Two stamp sets were used the new Sailing Home and a retiring set Amazing Life.





My grey tea lights were perfect for this project, I brought these in Primark. They smell lovely pomegranate & fig.

The compass on top of the box spins round as I’ve attached with a brad and some Dimensionals stuck on the base.

There’s two videos one for the Matchbox and the other for the Tea Light Gift Box.  You cannot actually strike a match on my box, although perhaps you could cut the striking side off a matchbox and stick on?




Please hop along with the Ink Stamp Share team.  Sandrine Jse is next just click on the next button to hop along, its so worth it!

                                                                      

















Product List
Product List

7 comments:

  1. this is a great project and fantastic use of a technique that definetly is monochrome - thank you so much for the video tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous monochrome technique, and such a lovely project. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea, fabulous project Linda. Thank you for sharing
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! such a cute gift, thank you for joining us this month

    ReplyDelete

  5. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete