Tuesday 2 July 2019

Sparkle and Glitter Mermaid & Ink Blending!

Weather has been so lovely lately and my studio gets warm in the afternoons so I try to craft early in the heat, of course I have a fan but fans are tricky when you craft with paper!








I’ve pulled out my Magical Mermaid Stamp Set and have really gone for it with this card.  I had a lady asked for a mixed media mermaid card, I don’t really dabble in mixed media so decided to use some different techniques and adding lots of die cuts.





I started by stamping  my Balmy Blue Layer with the seaweed stamp using my Balmy Blue Classic Ink.  This is just to add a bit of extra interest as most of the cardstock will be covered in layers.  





I stamped the mermaid using my Stamparatus and Memento Black Ink onto Thick Whisper White Paper, I then coloured using my blends.  If you want to make this card using a different colour layer use that colour in the mermaids tail so it pulls the card together.  My tail was coloured with a Light Night of Navy, Light Bermuda Bay and Dark Balmy Blue Blends.  The Balmy Blue was there to pull the Balmy Blue Layer together.





I used some glossy paper ( no longer available at Stampin’ Up!) for my under the sea background.  Did you know if you Stamp your image with Versamark onto glossy paper and then sponge your ink over it leaves an image!  It’s a perfect technique for an underwater scene.  Try it!  If I was making this card again I would probably remove the fish.





My mermaids tail was covered in Versamark and then I used a Bonding Agent over the tail which I heated with my heat tool  ( this makes it sticky) then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds Stampin Glitter and heat it up again to set it.  You can of course use a thin layer of glue to do this, but using a bonding agent gives a great smooth professional finish.  My mermaid was then fussy cut, didn’t take too long.

All left to do was add my pre Cut dies.

Please take a look at my video and would love if you subscribed to my channel.













Here’s an idea of reaching your £45 for Bonus Day Voucher


              









Product List
Magical Mermaid Clear-Mount Stamp Set
£19.00
Balmy Blue A4 Cardstock
£8.25
Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock
£7.75
Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Night Of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Balmy Blue Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Smooth Sailing Dies
£30.00
Under The Sea Dies
£28.00
Catch Of The Day Dies
£26.00
Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter
£5.50
Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends Markers Combo Pack
£8.50
Night Of Navy Light Stampin' Blends Marker
£4.25
Balmy Blue Dark Stampin' Blends Marker
£4.25
Ivory Stampin' Blends Marker
£4.25
Bronze Stampin' Blends Marker
£4.25
Silver Foil Sheets
£4.75
Versamark Refill
£5.50
White Vellum A4 Card Stock
£9.25
Card Stock A4 Coastal Cabana
£8.25

No comments:

Post a Comment